There are a lot of gas grill manufacturers out there that will come and go while others stick around and remain on top for many years. Coleman is one such brand that has become a household name because of their excellent and top-quality outdoor merchandise like ice buckets, water containers, sleeping bags, etc. And when it comes to grills, Coleman will surely bring “fire” to your campsite. One of their all-time bestsellers is the Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE.
This article is tailored to give you an in-depth, solid review about Coleman 9949 – 750 Road Trip Grill LXE, its features, and its pros and cons.
Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill Product Features
Whenever we’re looking for portable items, we often choose the small ones. Most of us think that a small item is portable, but it’s not always the case. If it’s too small, we can’t cook enough meat for everyone. The 9949 provides a good amount of grilling area despite that it considered a portable grill. Here are some of the features that stand out for this grill
- Grilling Area – In some cases, our grills are too large that we can’t even bring them on ballpark or tailgate parties and camping trips. We need to have the ideal grill that’s small but has a large enough cooking space.
- Frame – Coleman 9949-750 is a full-sized portable liquid propane grill with collapsible scissor legs that’s ideal for your home or for camping trips. It comes with two wheels on one end and a wide handle on the other for easy towing.
- This versatile 36-inch grill boasts a 285-square inch cooking space which makes it easy for you to cook for everyone with just a single grill. The gratings are made from warp-resistant, durable cast-iron coated in porcelain-enamel, which makes cleaning it a breeze. It comes with two 10,000 BTU burners with individual knobs so you can adjust temperatures on either burner, allowing you to cook meats evenly. The grease tray catches drippings, giving meats a healthier edge by allowing fats to drip away, and the tray itself slides out for easy clean-up. Also, the grill comes equipped with two worktables attached to the sides for extra preparation. The worktables are removable and can be stored underneath the grill.
- Outfitted with the grill is the state-of-the-art Instant start electronic ignition button and can be controlled via handy dials on the front panel. The burners require a standard 16.4-ounce disposable propane cylinder, or can be hooked up to a 20-pound tank, which you will need to purchase separately. Other optional accessories for Coleman 9949-750 include a cast-iron flat griddle, stove grate, full-size aluminum griddle, and cover. Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill is available in red, cobalt blue and black finish.
Quick Specifications overview
- Weighs about 44 pounds fully assembled
- Dimensions are 46 x 18 x 35 (length x width x height in inches)
- When it is folded it dimensions are 36 x 22 x 13 (inches)
- 5 year limited warranty
- Detachable side tables
- Towing handle, wheels included but assembly required
- Extra grill, griddle surface
- Stove grate
- Zip up wheeled carrying case
Coleman 9949-750 Pros
With its incredible features, Coleman 9949-750 is the ideal portable grill for various parties, trips, even for big families that love outdoor activities. With its size, you no longer need to prepare a special vehicle to lug it around. It perfectly fits in wagons, pick-up trucks or SUV s. It has a relatively inexpensive price and is solidly built for maximum convenience.
- For a portable grill this grill gets hot really fast so that means there is less time waiting before you start cooking.
- It will deliver exceptional performance for a long time. Coleman even offers a limited 5-year warranty for this model.
Coleman 9949-750 Cons
- The propane tank may not be enough to use when cooking for more than two hours, so I suggest you purchase the 20-pound propane tank which can last for more than 4 hours of cooking time.
- The grill is great for road trips but if you intend make this your main grill that you keep in your back yard you should choose another grill. This because the Coleman 9949 was made to be portable and it won’t take much of a windy or snowy day to knock it down.
My take on the Coleman 9949-750
If you are looking for portable gas grill you can’t really go wrong with any Coleman models. They are the best brands when it comes to these types of grills. The Coleman 9949 would be considered a higher end model when you compare with other portable grills. It closest comparison would be the Coleman 9941 which has the dimensions and specifications. The 9941 is about $50 more expensive because the collapsible frames legs are set straight instead of crossed and are further apart. This does make the 9941 more stable but outside of that there is a not much of a noticeable difference at all.
Although the grilling area is small compared to a regular size grill it still has the ability to change out half the grilling area with a stove grate attachment. It has 2 straight burners that produce over 10,000 BTU each so this is gives surprisingly good amount flexibility in your cooking and enough heat producing strength. The only downside is it basically cuts down a medium grilling into even a smaller grilling area.
Also as mention earlier the disposable propane cylinder that fits into the grill simply will not do if you are a grilling enthusiast. You should use consider purchasing a Coleman High-Pressure Propane Hose which will allow you connect a 20 pound reusable propane tank instead.
Bottom Line on Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill
All in all, Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE is one of the best options for those who love the great outdoors. It’s easy to use and can be carried around easily with its collapsible legs, two wheels and easy-grip handle. It is well worth your money and it will surely solve all your problems if you are tired of using cheap grills when you are outdoors camping or planning a tailgate party just before the big game. I highly recommend it to everyone who loves to travel, and to those who enjoy outdoor and backyard parties.